UXCam, by default, video records all the sessions. Event-triggered video recording allows you to capture only the videos that are most important to you.
The sessions metadata & timeline information will still be captured even if the session isn’t set to tracked with video recording.
Event-triggered video-recording conditions are specific to each application, henceforth you’ll set up a separate set of conditions for each app. This will give you the freedom to customize your conditions and prioritize sessions to be recorded based on your specific use case.
Default Video Recording Policy
When UXCam is first integrated into your application, the recording policy is set to video record all sessions.
When you click on “Add New Rule”, it would show the variety of video recording options.
Advanced Video Recording Policy
- Video Quality: This setting defines the video quality of the recording. There are 4 levels of video recording quality (Ultra Low, Very Low, Low, High).
- Max. videos to record per day: This allows to set the number of videos to record in a day (follows UTC time).
- Max. videos to record per device: This allows to set the number of videos to record per device. Once the total videos defined here are recorded, only sessions will be recorded.
- Number of Offline videos per device: This allows to set the number of videos to record when the device is Offline. The video is uploaded when the user uses the app with a valid connectivity. You can filter offline sessions on the dashboard, by clicking on Offline Sessions -> Yes.
- Turn off auto-detection on screens: UXCam automatically detects the screen. If you have internal screens that you do not want to detect, please select them on this list.
Events for triggering the video recording
Click on the “Add New Rule”, to see the various triggers for the video recording options.
The following lists explain the various video recording triggers
- Screen Visited: The video is uploaded only if the user visits the select screens on the app. When making changes to specific screens, it can be very helpful to see how users interact with the changes, this setting enables you to ensure recording those sessions.
- Events: The video is uploaded only if the user does a certain event on the app. When focusing on a specific business process, which you have made an event for, it is useful to have such videos for that event.
- Crashed: The video is uploaded only if the app crashed Recording crashed videos allows developers to easily reproduce them, saving them valuable time
- Number of Interactions: The video is uploaded only if the user has performed selected numbers of touch (tap, swipe, scroll) interactions.
- Duration: The video is uploaded only if the app sessions are longer/shorter than a certain period.
Country: The video is recorded for the selected countries only.
Date: The video is recorded during the selected dates.
App Version: The video is recorded for selected app versions.
SDK Version: The video is recorded for selected SDK versions.
OS Version: The video is recorded for selected OS versions.
Model: The video is recorded for selected device models.
Video Upload Policy
The video upload policy allows configuring video upload on Wifi or Cellular network and the amount of data to use on the cellular network.
If the video is not uploaded because of the condition set above, the video will be stored on the device. On the next run on the app, if the configuration allows, the SDK will upload the videos then.