February 1st, 2024
» Minor update to Data Access API - Session List
We have changed our default API response for session list to improve overall performance.
By default, it will no longer include a video link to the session. If you need the video link in the response, you will need to use a Flag with_video=true.
January 18th, 2024
» Anlayze Events from Session Replay in a few clicks
You can now analyze custom events while watching a session in just a few clicks. Click on the event icon in the session timeline to jump to the specific event in the activity tab. You'll have the option to :
1. Watch sessions where the same event happened to analyze similar sessions faster. No need to filter anymore.
2. Click on Analyze Event to automatically get 3 relevant reports in any dashboard of your choice,
These 3 pre built reports include :
- Event count over time which shows the trend of the event. You can easily how often are your users performing this event.
- Breakdown of the event by platform. (Android vs. IOS)
- Breakdown of the event by app version.
What does it look like?
November 1st, 2023
» Retention Analytics Save Cohorts to have an impact on retention
In a single click of a button – you can save any cohort and it will be automatically sliced and diced into a report that’s ready for you to analyze. Get the most granular insights to make a positive impact on retention.
Save specific custom cohorts (high retained cohorts or low retained cohorts) to:
- Compare and breakdown the usage and behavior between retained cohorts and dropped off cohorts.
- Verify whether churned users were impacted by tech issues or bad user experiences.
- Save cohorts to analyze as filters in funnels, app flows, dashboards to help you answer complex questions such as:
- Do users who successfully complete the onboarding flow retain better?
- Do users with strong retention follow a specific path in your app?
- View users that belong to a cohort and export list of loyal and churned users to target them with re-engagement campaigns.
What does it look like?
» Retention Analytics Feature
- Get an overview of your user retention rates with the retention curve
- Compare different cohorts or segment your report
- Gauge product stickiness
- Analyze feature adoption
- Identify at what point users stop getting value
What does it look like?
September 14, 2023
» Receive issue notifications (Crash, UI Freezes, Handled Exceptions) on Microsoft Teams
- You can now configure notifications for app crashes, UI freezes, and handled exceptions on both Slack and Microsoft Teams. With these notifications, you can be informed about critical issues in real-time, enabling you to address them swiftly and ensure a seamless user experience.
What does it look like?
July 27, 2023
» Share segments with your team
- Teammates can now create private or public segments and share them with other teammates within the app.
Why use segments?
- Deeper insights: Segments based on user properties, behaviors, or custom events provide deep insights into specific user groups.
- Save Time and Effort: Once you create a segment, you can easily access it anytime without recreating the same filter criteria repeatedly. This time-saving feature allows you to jump straight into analysis!
- Team Collaboration: Share segments with your team to facilitate collaboration and ensure consistency in data analysis across the teams
What does it look like?
July 11, 2023
» Improved Funnels
- Ordered funnels : Now you can choose to have unordered (any order) or ordered (this order) funnels, so that you can track and understand sequential steps that led to conversions.
- Customizable Conversion Window : You can now set your own conversion window for users, specifying the desired time frame for an action to be considered a conversion.
- Time to Convert & Funnel Metrics: Gain a comprehensive understanding of your funnel’s performance at a glance
- Group Results Comparison : Upgrade your analysis capabilities and gain a comprehensive overview of your funnel’s performance across different segments.
- Funnel suggestions : Get funnels suggestions based on an objective and steps suggestions based on previously added steps.
What does it look like?
June 7, 2023
» Export Release Improvements
In addition to the mass export, you can now export formatted data from the Session, Screen, Event, and User tables. Spend less time cleaning the data and obtain insights faster!
- Targeted Data Extraction: Export specific data from Session, Screen, Event, and User tables.
- Visibility Control: Choose between exporting Visible or All columns, tailoring the data to your needs.
- Custom User Properties: Add comprehensive insights with custom user properties.
- Filtered Export: Export precise information based on selected filters.
- Sorted Data: Maintain organization and structure with sorted columns and rows.
What does it look like?
May 17, 2023
» Screen blur rule setting & Screen-specific text field occlusion
Apply a blur on top of a sensitive screen or hide text fields on specific screens straight from the dashboard. You can analyze how users interact on your screen apps while still maintaining the privacy required and without help from your developers.
- Simply go into your app’s settings in your dashboard, scroll down to the video recording privacy section and enable the rules you need.
- Choose to record all screens and add the blur rule and select specific screens.
- Tick on occlude text input fields on all screens and select screens where the text should not be occluded.
To enable blur rules from your dashboard, it is necessary to use SDK version equal to iOS 3.6.0, Android 3.6.0, Flutter 2.3.1 and React Native 5.4.6 or higher.
May 11, 2023
» Improved Session Replay Experience
- New Rage Quit Filter - Identify user sessions where a rage tap occurs within the final 5 seconds of a session - just before a user quits.
- Redesigned quick filters & UI : Easier than ever to filter for problematic sessions!
- Session Replay Markers: Quicky see and jump to where rage taps or frustrations factors are happening right on the session timeline. Watch out for Fires and snowflakes as they represent rage taps and UI Freezes.
- Skip Inactivity : Optimize your time while watching sessions and skip through irrelevant parts.
- Share link : Copy the link and share the session outside UXCam in 1 click.
April 26 , 2023
» Heatmap area select & gesture and event filters
Click drag and highlight the area you are interested in. You will get detailed metrics concerning the highlighted area such as : Number of gestures and users interacting with area, Time until gesture was performed in the area.
What does it look like?
You can filter heat maps based on screen visits with or without:
- A particular gesture type (tap, swipe, long press, zoom)
- A specific count of these gestures
- Rage taps or unresponsive gestures
- Gesture position (Keep in mind the position are coordinates and do not change when a user scrolls)
Filter heatmaps based on screen visits with or without a specific event to compare the behavior and interactions of users.
Jan 6, 2023
» Analyze screen conversions and create funnels in one click with Screenburst
🔍 Visualize how users convert through your screens
Get a deep understanding of how users actually navigate through your app, what are the top paths, and the screens with the highest quit rates. Select the journey you want to analyze from start to end and measure conversion throughout the screens. Then click on any path to play those sessions and gather additional insights, or create a funnel to focus on that specific path.
✨ Create accurate funnels from real screen transitions
With just one click you can create a detailed funnel of the most common paths your users take within your app. Just select the last step of the path in the screen-burst and hit on 'create funnel'. Then play those sessions or edit the funnel to add more details using events or additional screens.
Start analyzing your user flow and gather insights into your top conversion paths! Read more about Screenburst →
Dec 20, 2022
» Play sessions or analyze heatmaps from Screen flow
🎬 Watch the recordings of any screen transition
Now, when analyzing screen transitions with Screen flows you can dig deeper by playing those screen transitions to understand how users navigate from one screen to the other.
🔥 Analyze heatmaps based on specific paths
If you're interested in a certain screen you can also click on View Heatmap to analyze how users interacted with the screen before moving to the next one.
Dec 6, 2022
» New grouping available in the Custom Dashboard
- Session reports
- User reports
- Screen reports
Nov 7, 2022
» Screens & new Heatmaps
Say hello to Screens 👋 the new home for your Screen Analytics and Heatmaps.
⏱ Performance improvements
We made changes to our infrastructure that will allow us to process higher volumes of data at higher speeds.
Focus your analysis on certain devices or users. Analyze heatmaps based on user behavior, such as screen navigation, session duration, number of visits, and beyond.
🧮 Screen metrics
We introduced new Screen metrics to analyze the overall performance of the screen. Now you can analyze visits, unique users, exit rate, rage tap rate, and much more.
👆 A simpler way to filter by gesture type:
Get to the nitty-gritty by analyzing specific gestures such as zoom-in, scrolls, swipes, unresponsive gestures, and beyond.
⭐️ Identify the most used gestures when interacting with your screens:
Now you can find the count of gestures and the percentage of each gesture type on the right side of the heatmap screen.
⭐️ Play screen interactions to gather additional insights into your users' experience:
Switch from the Heatmaps to the Screen visits tab to view all the sessions with visits to that screen. Sort by any column, understand at a glance how users navigate through that screen by viewing next screen, time spent, rage taps, etc.
Sept 15, 2022
» App Logs
Now, you can identify bugs and track errors with our new App Logs feature.
Improve the user experience, health, and performance of your app by analyzing application logs in combination with session replay.
🪲 Speed up the debugging process and fix bugs, crashes, and UI freezes in record time.
✨ Understand the impact on the business and user experience and prioritize more easily.
✏️ Collaborate with your teammates by using notes and mentions.
No additional implementation is needed, enable app logs and start tracking and analyzing the inner workings of your app.
May 30, 2022
» Customizable Dashboard
Now, you can have all the information you need to optimize your app and improve your users' experience in one place. Create metrics on the fly, keep your team aligned, monitor the most important KPIs, and get insights faster.
Explore the Customizable Dashboards:
- Build detailed reports (charts, tables, and numeric widgets) with just a few clicks.
- Use the extensive library of widgets to help you get started.
- Save graphs and metrics that you consult on a daily basis.
- Share dashboards with your team to enhance collaboration.
- Generate reports to share with different stakeholders through a public link.
- Get all the answers and context you need with just one click. Jump directly from tables and charts to the session replay to see the full user experience.
March 3rd, 2022
» Session page improvements & redesign
We’ve improved our session page to help you use our platform more efficiently and adjust it to your needs. Find insights faster, save time and resources and focus on what matters to improve your users’ experience.
- Customize your view
- Same info but more clarity. All the relevant data is in the session info tab.
- Screen engagement. Easily see how much time your users have spent on each of the screens during their journey.
- More consistency, find all filters in the same place
- Follow your users’ journey with just one click. Jump to the previous or next session of the user you are analyzing to get the full story.
January 31, 2022
» User metrics at a glance
Analyzing and understanding your users is now easier thanks to the new performance and user activity metrics. Measure engagement, activity, and experience of all your users, compare those metrics across different segments, use filters to narrow down the results, and start gathering insights to improve your product.
September 30, 2021
» Clone funnels and switch between session and user funnels
Creating funnels is now much easier and faster! If you want to create a similar version of an existing funnel you can easily clone it and adjust it based on your needs. You can edit or add more steps, adjust the time range or grouping options, and switch between session and user funnel.
August 24, 2021
» Ignore rage taps on certain screens
UXCam automatically detects rage gestures to show user frustration with certain elements or screens of your application. A rage tap shows when the user taps repeatedly (more than 3 taps) in frustration, with at most 300ms between consecutive taps, and within a certain radius of the screen.
While this behavior is true for most applications, we understand that in some specific scenarios this frequency of taps could be expected, and therefore, it shouldn’t be considered a sign of frustration. e.g. a music player where you have an option to turn the volume up or down.
Now, you can ignore rage gestures on some of your screens. You will still record taps, double taps, swipes, and any other gestures, but the rage taps will be ignored. To enable this option go to Recording settings > Advanced policies
August 05, 2021
» Keyboard shortcuts to control videos
To make it easier for you to analyze sessions and replay your videos, we've added these shortcuts to control your videos and save valuable time. You can use:
- Space bar ⎵ to play/pause the video
- Left/Right Arrows → to move backward/forward 5 seconds respectively
July 22, 2021
» New Session Replay page + Session notes
We've improved our session replay page to facilitate analysis of sessions and encourage team collaboration. Now you can:
- Easily find certain events or gestures with timeline filters.
- See more details about gestures and events directly in the session timeline.
- Change speed directly from the video timeline.
- Leave notes and time-stamped comments on sessions to collect your thoughts and ideas and highlight issues for that session.
- Collaborate with other team members by tagging them in your notes.
July 14, 2021
» Secure your Account with MFA (Multi-factor Authentication)
Now you can add Multi-Factor Authentication to make your account more secure. Just go to the Dashboard > click on your name > account management > Add multi-factor authentication
July 05, 2021
» Keep track of your session recording limits
Now you can have more control over the use of sessions. Receive notifications when you are about to reach your limit or when you have recorded a certain percentage of sessions.
July 02, 2021
» Monitor the health of your app with Slack notifications
Now you monitor all your issues and react quickly thanks to the Slack integration. Just connect your Slack with UXCam to receive notifications for your new and most frequent app Crashes, UI Freezes, and Handled exceptions.
July 02, 2021
» Report Handled Exceptions
Now you can report and track handled exceptions with UXCam. See how non-fatal exceptions impact your app performance and users' experience! Find the most common reasons and types of exceptions and watch the recordings. Only available for Native iOS & Android.
April 28, 2021
» New User Funnels + drill-down options
Now you can choose if you want to create a session-based or user-based funnel. In this way, you can measure the conversions that should happen within a session (e.g. registration) or more complex conversion processes such as purchase journeys where the user may need more time (and therefore sessions) to convert.
April 28, 2021
» New Session Page (Analytics + List)
To smooth the link between quantitative and qualitative data we merged our Session List and Analytics pages. When you filter your sessions or use your segments, in addition to the list of sessions that meet the filter conditions you will see other metrics such as session count, number of unique users, engagement time, etc.
April 20, 2021
» Single Sign-on (SSO)
Now it's possible to use Single Sign-on with UXCam, with SSO you can just use one account to access all of your systems including UXCam.
March 12, 2021
» Receive Slack notifications for app crashes
Now you can connect your slack with UXCam to receive notifications for your app crashes. This allows you to quickly react to serious issues in your app, and be up to date with new and frequent crashes.
March 05, 2021
» Customize the columns
As you requested, it is now possible to select the columns that you want to see by default in Session List, User List, Event List, and Screen List (Heatmaps) and rearrange them.
- Just decide which metrics you want to see
- Add and remove columns respectively
- Sort them according to your needs
January 18, 2021
» New user page
Analyze all your users separately to understand their behavior, find your most active users, discover how they interact with your app, and check the screen flow for that particular user. You can drill down into each of the user analytics by grouping it by time, user properties, or device properties.
December 31, 2020
» New Screen Flow
The screen flow allows you to understand how your users navigate through your app. We recently added the option to highlight some specific paths in their journeys to focus your analysis on the most important processes within your app.
You can decide if you want to start your screen flow from a specific screen e.g. cart activity or login, or/and finish your flow from a certain screen such as placed order or registration completed.
The same can be done for the reverse flow, to understand how your users leave your app after visiting a certain screen.
December 23, 2020
» Issue Analytics
Quickly prioritize and address the crashes, UI freeze instances, and affected sessions on your app. With our advanced filtering capabilities and crash logs, you can easily identify the common links between the most common technical issues to radically streamline your debugging process.
October 14, 2020
» Event Analytics
Perform a deeper analysis of your events, and use filters and groups to get a better comprehension of your users' behavior.
Click on each of the graph sections to jump directly to the filtered session or event list to watch those specific session replays and understand why your users made some decisions or how exactly they triggered some events.
August 27, 2020
» Custom Labels
Now you can create custom labels to easily identify and classify behavioral patterns, categorize drop-off reasons, highlight users with issues, create segments based on your users’ behavior, and better organize your data. You can find them later filtering by the label.