Gain deeper user insights by Sending Events and Properties to UXCam
You can send Events to UXCam to have more insights about your users’ behavior to understand how they interact with each element of your screen, measure the adoption of new features, create meaningful funnels, and closely follow the user journey.
An Event is a user interaction with your app that can be measured independently of the screens, e.g. Press a certain button, Register, or Add to Cart. Similarly, you can also send events for failed or successful API calls to monitor your application’s performance and find technical problems.
With properties, you can attach additional information to the events that you want to analyze to gain further insights about your users’ behavior. It’s a powerful way to create additional dimensions to your reports to provide added context to the user’s interaction with all the elements and features in your app.
E.g You have an app to book movie tickets. You’re sending the Event ‘ticket_booked,’ you can then attach several properties to the event to provide more context to that event, such as: ‘Movie_Category’, ‘Movie_Name’, ‘Movie_Time’, ‘Quantity’, ‘Price’, etc.
- Optimize your users’ experience by analyzing how users actually interact with your app, what are the most useful features and what are they struggling with.
- Analyze differences in users’ behavior based on demographics, devices, time, activity or any user/event property.
- Improve retention by identifying which events lead to higher engagement and drive conversions.
- Gain more insights about your users’ journey to easily address their needs, build better solutions, and send targeted notifications.
- Understand the reasons behind the users’ actions by clicking in each of the graph sections to jump directly to the session, user, or event list, and analyze the session replays.
- Easily identify and address performance issues within your app by analyzing API call performance, in addition to crashes and ANRs that we capture automatically.
Why send events to UXCam if I’m already sending them to other analytic tools?
Although we collect an abundance of data, sometimes it’s hard to know if your app is working properly and meeting your users’ needs. It’s even harder to understand why your users make certain decisions, why they’re not adopting the new features, or not using your app the way you expected them to.
While most tools can provide quantitative data to show you the big picture, they usually fail to answer the most important questions, “why?”’ and “how?”. By sending events to UXCam, you’ll have the whole story to better understand your users’ behavior, as UXCam embeds events in the context of their sessions, which allows you to watch the replay around any interesting events to answer questions and identify problems you didn’t even know existed.
Stop guessing and start analyzing!