On this page, you can find outlines on the measures we have taken to ensure compliance by the enforcement date.
What is GDPR?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new EU Regulation which will replace the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD) to give significantly more control to EU citizens over their personal data and regulate how people and organizations can obtain, use, store and eliminate personal data of EU citizens.
The regulation builds on many of the 1995 Directive’s requirements for data privacy and security but includes several new provisions to bolster the rights of data subjects and adds harsher penalties for violations. GDPR will come into force on 25th May 2018.
UXCam supports the privacy rights of the customers and its users and is fully committed to compliance with the GDPR.
What steps has UXCam taken for GDPR compliance?
- Thorough research on the GDPR
- Appointed a DPO
- Rewrote the Data Processing Agreement
- Implemented the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR
- Reviewed the policies of UXCam vendors who act as sub-processors for UXCam data and executing DPAs where necessary
- Performed the necessary changes/improvements to our product based on the requirements. More details here
What steps do UXCam customer need to take for GDPR compliance?
As a customer of UXCam, you are a data controller and UXCam is acting as your data processor for your users. Here are the steps to take for GDPR compliance:
- If you have customers in the EU, please sign our DPA or email email@example.com.
You can review and digitally sign a copy of the Data Processing Agreement here
What product changes has UXCam made for GDPR compliance?
In anticipation of GDPR, we have built-in functionality that enables you to easily comply with GDPR. Please click on the individual links to learn more about each: