At UXCam, we understand the importance of staying on top of technical issues in your app and responding promptly. To help you achieve this, we offer notifications for app crashes, UI freezes, and handled exceptions on both Slack and Microsoft Teams. With these notifications, you can be informed about critical issues in real-time, enabling you to address them swiftly and ensure a seamless user experience.
Enable issue notification for :
- Proactive issue resolution
- Enhanced user experience
- Efficient debugging
How to Set Up Issue Notifications ?
Setting up notifications for app issues on Slack and Microsoft Teams is straightforward:
1. Click on app name > App settings > Issue Notifications Tab
Click on issues tab > Configure Notifications
2. Select the issue types that matter to you (Crash, UI Freeze, Exception)
3. Select the platform you would like to receive the notifications on (MS Teams , Slack)
4. Add the Webhook URL. Not sure how to get it?
5. Add the channel name for Slack
6. Click on send test verification to verify the integration and wait for the first notification.
7. Save it
When are issue notifications sent?
- Every time it's a new issue type
- On the 10th, 100th, 1000th and so on for occurrences of the existing issue.
For instance, if a notification is sent for a new Handled exception, you will only receive a notification when the same exception occurs for the 10th time or 100th time, and so on.
- Every hour if the same UI freeze occurs for the 10th time
- When a notification is sent as “New,” it’s possible for that issue to occur multiple times before the cron job is executed.
- If the issue occurs more than 10 times before the cron job runs, it will be notified as “more than 10 occurrences in 1 hour,” and so on.
Slack Notifications Example
Teams Notifications Example
✧ Now you can be up to date with all the technical problems in your app and react quickly to the most urgent ones.