You can send events and events' properties to UXCam to gather more insights about your users' behavior. It will help you to:
- Create more granular funnels thanks to the combination of Events and Screens.
- Follow your user journey closely by analyzing all the relevant steps.
- Easily identify errors in your user journey or conversion process.
- Track each step of your registration process to easily identify drop-offs.
- Measure and analyze the adoption of new features.
E.g You have an app to book movie tickets. You’re sending the Event ‘ticket_booked,’ you can then attach several properties to the event to provide more context to that event, such as: ‘Movie_Category’, ‘Movie_Name’, ‘Movie_Time’, ‘Quantity’, ‘Price’, etc.
All the events will be attached to the respective sessions and users; therefore, you can easily use filters to find sessions or users that triggered a specific event. What’s more, you can analyze your events with Event Analytics or use them to build funnels.
Log an event into the timeline along with custom properties.
logEvent(String eventName) logEvent(String eventName, Map properties) logEvent(String eventName, JSONObject properties) //Example UXCam.logEvent("purchased"); //With properties final Map<String, String> properties = new HashMap<String, String>(); properties.put("size", "7"); properties.put("brand", "Nike"); UXCam.logEvent("purchased", properties);
The API parameters are:
eventName: A tag to attach to the session recording at the current time
properties: Map<String, String> of properties to associate with this tag. Only number and string property types are supported.