Under this section, you can customize settings for each of your apps. Remember to apply all the changes to make sure they’re implemented.
If you want to decide which videos you want to record or control your video privacy, go to this section and update your settings.
Video recording policies
This category of settings lets you decide which videos you want to record. You can set up some rules to make sure that you record only the videos that include particular screens and last at least 10 seconds:
You can also control the Session recording policy in this section. The option can be found right above the Video recording policy settings.
Please keep in mind that rules-based sessions recording is only available on our Enterprise plan. If your plan is a Premium one, you'll see an option to exclude short sessions from being recorded. It means that we won't record any session that's shorter than 5 seconds.
Video privacy control
Use these options to prevent hide sensitive information from being recorded.
- Hide all text fields automatically.
- Hide certain screens by exclusion or inclusion (this will depend on the number of screens to be hidden)
When you hide screens, we don't capture gestures on these screens to not reveal any passwords or security codes. However, if you still want to see gestures on these views, you can use the "Record gesture for excluded screen" option.
Under this section, you have the possibility to manage:
- The video quality - we recommend using Low or Very low quality. This should be enough to understand your users’ behavior and won’t require too much cellular data.
- Max number of videos to record per day - if your plan is lower than the number of sessions in your app, determine the max number of videos that can be recorded each day to make sure you won’t use your limits within a few first days of the month.
- Max number of videos to record per device - decide what’s the max number of videos you want to record for each device monthly.
- The number of offline videos per device - limits the occupied space on the device since the recordings are being saved on the device until they can be uploaded.
- Turn off screen auto-detection for screen - add the name of all activities that should not be considered separate screens. This rule only works for SDKs with version 3.1.4 and above.
- Upload video on - decide whether you want to use your users’ mobile data or maybe wifi only. If you choose an option to upload videos on WiFi, you can also choose to upload sessions (which consume much less cellular data) on mobile data. It will work for the versions equal or above Android - 3.1.12 and iOS - 3.1.9.
- Max cellular data not to exceed - if you decide to use mobile data, choose the maximum monthly data volume. The average size of a session which lasts 1 minute is about 70-80kb.
- Ignore rage taps gestures for the following screens - decide on which screens you don't want to record rage taps.