Focus your analysis and product decisions on your users.
Now, besides analyzing unique users to understand behavioral patterns, uncover friction points, and gather insights on their journeys, you can also measure the engagement, activity, and experience of all your users, or compare those metrics across different segments.
We’ve added metrics on top of your users’ page:
Before analyzing the metrics, please remember to select the date range in the top right corner. Let's stick to the last month for the purpose of this analysis:
- Under Users, you can see the number of all the users (Total) who were active in your application in the last month, as well as the number of new users (those who visited your app for the first time).
- The Sessions tab will show you the average number of sessions per user. To find this number, we’ll divide the number of sessions by the Total number of users from the Users tab on the left.
- In the Time in App tab, you will see the average session duration per user. First, we’ll check how much time the users spend in your app during the last month and then we’ll divide this time by the Total number of users.
- In the Top event section, you can check which event was the most popular among your users in the selected period of time and find out how many times, on average, a user completes this event. To see the average of completions for all the events, please click on the show all button.
- You can also see the most popular screen in the Top screen tab. We’ll show you where the users spent most of their time, and what's the average time spent on this screen per user. Similarly, to see the same metric for all the screens, select the show all button.
- The UI Freeze/Crashes tabs will inform about the percentage of the users who experienced at least one UI Freeze/Crash within the selected period of time. Read more about issues here →
✏️ Note » By default, UXCam will assign a random alias to your users. If you send user properties to UXCam, such as a user ID, that ID will show instead of the random alias. Once the user ID is sent to UXCam, all previous sessions collected by that device will be updated with that user ID.
In order to get the most out of User Analytics:
1. Select the period you want to focus on and sort your users based on the most relevant metrics. E.g. you can center your analysis on the most engaged users.
On the default view, you can find properties such as session count, engagement time, last seen date, or device type. However, you can always add, remove or rearrange the columns and use any of these properties to order your users.
2. Use the filters to find specific segments, such as users with just 1 visit or more than 3, users that triggered a certain event in your app or didn’t use it for the last week. You can also combine the filters to find e.g. users from Canada who visited your app more than 5 times within the last month.
3. Create different segments to find those users later and compare their behavior over time. You can also use the default segments such as:
- One-time users
- Slipping away
Once you’ve applied your filters or segments, you can review the metrics on top to see, how many users meet those conditions, how often they use your app, how engaged are they, what are the most visited screens or frequent actions, and how many problems they faced while using your app.
Besides those stats, you will also get a list of users for the selected filter or segment and analyze each of them individually to find behavioral patterns, identify issues or frustration and drill down to discover each singular interaction. Read more about individual user page →
Custom labels & Favorite users
You can mark a user as a favorite by clicking on the star or use our custom labels to categorize your users based on common behavior, experienced issues, drop-off reasons, custom user properties, among other reasons. Then you can easily find these users filtering by a custom label.
To create a new label, click on the label icon > add new label. Enter the name of the tag, select an icon and save it. Now that the custom label is available for all your users, you can start categorizing them. You can either do it one by one when checking the individual user page or select a few of them and mark them with one of the created tags.
You can later remove those labels from the users or delete them completely by going to Manage labels.