This is a brief guide to get started with UXCam.
How does it work?
UXCam is a solution that helps to understand your users by recording and analyzing how your app is being used.
Instead of guessing how your users interact with your app, you can use Session Replay & analysis solutions to see your user's experience through your own eyes.
UXCam will enable you to:
- See through your users' eyes.
- Get a 360' view of your users.
- Deeply understand the user's intent.
- Derive visual context from existing tools.
Which platforms are supported?
UXCam does not support web pages or web apps.
How easy is it to integrate?
Setting up UXCam on your app takes less than 5 minutes and requires little developmental effort.
For complete integration instructions, please refer to our developer docs.
Does it impact performance?
UXCam does not impact app performance.
- Video recording is done on a background thread to maintain app responsiveness.
- Recordings are uploaded when the app goes into the background to ensure no impact is made on the bandwidth during runtime of the app
- You can opt to upload the recordings only when the device is connected to a Wifi network. Doing so will save the recordings on the device and upload them to the dashboard when the device is connected to Wifi.
The network bandwidth of a session is dependent on device size and the length of the recording.
An average 1-minute recording of a session takes 300KB data, slightly higher for games.
Will UXCam replace other analysis tools?
What makes UXCam unique?
UXCam is convinced that delivering a product alone is not enough.
Every successful organization is in the business of delivering User Experience. Most companies track vanity metrics such as page visits and do not capture micro-interaction data sets. In doing so, they completely miss what matters: the user.
On the foundation of these beliefs, we at UXCam developed a solution that helps people to deliver the perfect app - by understanding their users.
UXCam automatically captures every interaction inside your app. This means that you stopped missing out on issues for which you did not set up event tracking. It analyzes this captured data and through visualization (Session Replays, Rage Tap Heatmaps, Graphs, etc.), provides easy-to-understand actionable insights.
UXCam, unlike other analytics tools that only provide numbers, has a focus on qualitative data. To save you the time of going through it manually, through machine learning techniques it automatically surfaces problematic sessions.
To sum it up:
- UXCam doesn’t require event instrumentation
- UXCam stops you from missing out on issues
- UXCam will provide you with actionable visual insights
- UXCam automatically surfaces issues.
How is UXCam pricing structured?
UXCam has a limited free plan and paid plans. Pricing is dependent upon the number of sessions and videos. Learn more about our plans here.
How can I find out if UXCam is the right solution for me?
We're happy to assist teams in setting up a pilot and onboard with starting to understand user behavior. To set up a trial, book a call with us.