We don’t overcomplicate things. It’s already complicated when you are running an online business. At UXCam we respect your privacy. We adopted Privacy by Design, it is a way of thinking about and acting in favor of your privacy in advance and building privacy into our services.
We have written this privacy statement to help you understand your rights, our obligations and outline how data is treated when you interact with our website and/or use our services.
We’d like to summarize our approach to privacy in a few commitments to you:
- Clearly express our privacy statement and keep it up to date – last updated September 12th 2019.
- Only collect information with your consent that is necessary to perform the functions and activities you have agreed to.
- Make sure to implement practices, procedures and systems to comply with the Data Protection Act and carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (specifically but not limited to Article 6(1)(b) to (f) and Article 28).
- Explain in plain language the type and mechanism of information collected.
- Advise you of the purpose for which your information is collected, stored, used and disclosed.
- Advise you on your rights to information access, rectification and deletion
- Do our best not to let you down. But you can always remind us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure our third parties are as diligent as we are
- Make sure UXCam is in check as a third party itself
Through the website
Once you sign up for UXCam, we will collect the information you provide – that is your:
- Email address
- First and Last Names
- Company name
- Phone number
When you login via Google we collect the following information
- Email address
- First and Last Names
- Company name
- Phone number
As a third party
When UXCam is integrated as a service we collect the following information:
- Consistent random pseudo ID for every end user
- Device details (Type, Version, Model, Operating System (OS)
- Geographic location (Country only)
- Screens visited by the end user in an app using UXCam only
- Interaction patterns by the end user on your app (screen actions, gestures: taps, scrolls)
- Information provided by the customer (except information customer chooses to block from being sent to UXCam)
We strictly adhere to a non-recording policy of any PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and contractually prohibits recording of sensitive information including ePHI, PCI or PII information. We provide API methods to hide PII and sensitive information.
As such the data UXCam processes on behalf of its customers are anonymous.
Storage and Duration
We’re not hoarders. We only store information on you for as long as you’re using our service. As soon as you delete your account or send us a request to stop processing your information, we delete it completely. We will also delete the data of your users. We have taken the necessary precautions to ensure that data deletion is conducted securely.
We will retain documents containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Storage and International Data Transfers
The Company’s Website and Services are hosted in the United States of America.
If you are accessing the Website and/or Services from the European Union, with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note neither EU law nor GDPR requires hosting data in the EU. Instead, what is required is that UXCam must provide “appropriate safeguards” for data that it hosts and processes on its US servers (see Art 46 of the GDPR). UXCam offers a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) to provide such adequate safeguards, which includes provisions for GDPR.
The main purpose of information collection is to provide you with our service. We don’t have ulterior motives and your information is not passed on to any unaccepted third parties. See below for the full list. We will only use your information for the following:
- Sending you updates about UXCam (don’t worry: no spam)
- Keep our website and services secure and prevent fraud
- Sending you updates about your privacy
- Customizing and optimizing your experience
- Ask how you’re doing from time to time and send service updates
- Supply services purchased through the website
- Provide entities using UXCam with statistical information about their users
Third PartiesWe engage with selected third party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own, namely – cloud storage, data analytics, payment processing, support, consulting, development, marketing, advertising, e-mail distribution and data security; as well as our business, legal and financial advisors (collectively, “third parties”).
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit personalized and easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts
- Third party cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
You may refuse to accept cookies or delete cookies. To do so, please visit the help pages of your web browser.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
We run a tight ship on data protection at UXCam. UXCam uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online and do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. We perform staff training on the value of personal information and we also have internal data protection documents that everyone abides by. Rest assured, not all staff get access to data – only selected personnel with the highest admin privileges. When they do - it is to continue assisting you in making the most out of UXCam. On a day to day basis we use 256-bit SSL encryption to add extra levels of security.
Purchases and Financial Information
Everything starts and ends with your consent. If you do not agree to some of the purposes listed above, you can opt out at any moment. You have to know what you’re signing up to and we’re being very open about it. If you require additional and personalized help understanding UXCam’s privacy statement or the services – we are very happy to hear from you via email. Please email us at email@example.com
You have the right to
- Modify and/or
your data. If you have any queries, requests or questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org We are required to get back to you within 20-40 days. We believe that’s too long to wait for our users and will, accordingly, get back to you sooner than that.
In the event of a data breach, and if there is risk to your personal information and online privacy, we will notify you. If you have questions about UXCam or the use of your personal data - we will be very happy to hear from you on email@example.com.
This service is intended for users over 18. If you suspect that your account or this service is being used by minors, then write to us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose any information in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
Who we are
Name: UXCam Inc.
Company Registration Number: 471651508
Address: 6250 Cypress Avenue, El Cerrito, CA, 94530
We are committed to keeping you informed of how data is being handled. If we make material changes to this document, we will notify you by sending an email to you. We will also update the “last updated” date at the top; in the commitments section. If we let you know of any changes through an email communication, then the date on which we send the email will be deemed to be the date of your receipt of that email.