Smart events in provide powerful insights into user behavior and interactions within your app. In this article, we'll guide you on how to use filters with smart events, use them in reports & dashboards, and leverage smart events to create funnels.
Smart events in Filters
You can easily filter by smart events on various pages (sessions list, users, events list, and app flows) to find sessions where certain events happened.
1 » Click on add filter on go to events
2 » Select the smart events tab
3 » Apply filters : Choose the smart event that you want to analyze.
With these steps, you can quickly find sessions associated with your smart events and dive deeper into user behavior.
Using Smart Events in Dashboards
Smart events empower you to create insightful reports and dashboards that are tailored to your app's unique needs.
We've introduced a new report type named "Smart Event" reports. This report type allows you to select the smart events you wish to analyze and create custom reports to add to your dashboard.
You can then continue with the report just as usual. You can choose a metric and group and filter the data.
Let's create some important reports with smart events!
1. Create basic report : Taps on 'Add to cart' trend
2. Create a report with multiple smart events : Add to cart vs. Placed orders per day
Goal : You can have multiple smart events and compare how many users tapped on them
For example, if you're interested in how users use the navigation buttons, you can tag all of them and see which ones are used most
3. Create a report to see which screens are most used for a specific smart event
Goal : Understand how users interact with an element across different screens
For example, in this case, a product manager could analyze from which screens do users tap the most on the add to cart button. In this report, very few users tap on the add to cart element from the add to cart screen. The team could strategize on ways to make this element more prominent in the add to cart screen.
Using Smart Events in Funnels
It's really easy to create funnels using smart events. Here's how :
1. New 'Smart Event Happened' Option: In the updated funnel experience, you'll find a new option called 'Smart Event Happened.' Select this option and choose the smart event of your choice.
2. Gesture-Based and Coded Events: You can choose between gesture-based smart events, screen visits smart events, coded events, or even combine both for a more detailed analysis.
3. Step Property Filters: Funnels now support step property filters for smart events. You can use properties of UI elements, such as UI element ID, UI element name, or UI element type, as filters to create the desired funnel.